10.05.2012

"I am Celtic" (no indefinite article)



The "I am a Celtic" franchise never fails to tug at the heart strings. During my youth, a day rarely went by that someone didn't ask me in one sport or another, "man, how did you get so intense?" I just figured we were competing, and there really isn't any other way to do it.

That's why when I first saw Dave Cowens play basketball, and shortly thereafter, the former Celtic in a plaid coat who coached Dave Cowens, I just felt like my approach to athletics had been validated.

If you run the search "I am a Celtic" on YouTube, it looks like there have been a few knock-offs of the original added to the collection.

Which got me thinking.



Maybe the 2012-13 installment can just be shortened to "I am Celtic."

:  )


10 comments:

FLCeltsFan said...

Had to post this right away! I don't know if you are watching the game but Darko just had the play of the game IMO. From a sitting position he tapped back the rebound to Jason Terry. Also great outlet pass to Rondo after the steal.

Good stuff. Sooooooooooooo Happy to have Celtics basketball back!!!

Lex said...

Yeah, just saw. Awesome.

Lex said...

Darko was first guy off bench. First few minutes non-descript. Then he had the rebound-pass FCF mentioned, another outlet pass off a rondo deflection that led to a bucket, and a double team that forced a TO.

Not bad.

Lex said...

Jeff green and rondo look really good.

Lex said...

a rondo trey where he keeps the arm extended, well, like he knows what he's doing.

Rondo sending a message perhaps?

FLCeltsFan said...

Really liked what I saw from Darko. I think he's going to fit in here nicely. Was good that Doc made him the first big off the bench. Good for confidence. That rebound tip from the floor made my day.

Also liked what I saw from Sully first game.

Need to brush up on pick and roll defense though. FBU getting way too many easy points.

FLCeltsFan said...

Rondo was looking for that shot when he hit the 3 and no hesitation whatsoever. release looked smooth. Form looked great. Mark Spears said that Rondo told him he's been working hard on his 3 pt shooting and is more confident in it this season. Looked like it on that 3 to end the quarter.

Lex said...

Thanks, FCF.

Didn't know about the Spears insight.

Yeah, I'm midway through darko's second stint.

Looking better than first.

I agree.

It was huge doc inserted him as 6th man. Cut from a bad team to 6th man on a contender.

funny

FLCeltsFan said...

Doc's a very smart coach and knows that to get Darko's abilities out of him he needs to build up that confidence that has been knocked out of him by previous coaches. What better way to build his confidence than to show that you are confident in him. Hence the 6th man and the playing time today. And he responded.

The insight from spears was in a tweet

Lex said...

totally agree