12.12.2008

The Zen Mistress is a Little Testy

Jackson typically opens up his postgame news conference by making a brief statement, though he declined to do so, instead opening it up to questions.

Surprisingly enough, there were quite a few.

In fact, they sounded a lot like the ones from the past week or so. The win over Phoenix did nothing to convince anyone that the Lakers were on the right track.

What's wrong with the defense? What's wrong with Kobe Bryant's game? Why doesn't Andrew Bynum ever play in crunch time? Why did you bench Radmonovich in favor of Luke Walton, and then play neither in the fourth quarter?

The questions kept coming.

"Maybe I'll put the answers on tape and just run it here on the podium so you don't have to keep asking me the same questions after every game," Jackson said dryly
.

I thought Zen was all about self-realization and finding your inner peace. The more I listen to Jackzen the more I'm reminded of John McCain. Or wait, maybe it's the SNL caricature of John McCain as a Cranky Grampa.

Either way, I'm just not feeling any love from Dr. Phil.

No comments: