10.06.2009

Giddens

I talked my dish provider into giving me NBA TV free for a month. I'm not sure whether I didn't pay enough attention to the Internet video I posted of last week's scrimmage or whether the version on NBA TV includes more footage. Whatever, in the version I watched last night on NBA TV, JR Giddens knocks down an 18-footer over Rondo. The jumper looked text book.

So we already know that Giddens is skilled at defense and continues to show offensive prowess.

Yet there is no hope of him cracking the top 10, even though Squisy, the supposed back-up 3, will be playing mostly point, and Scalabrine, the presumptive back-up 3, is more of a 4.

Ok.

2 comments:

FLCeltsFan said...

I'm thinking that if the team is healthy Doc is hoping to keep more of a veteran lineup. Like I said in the last comment, with a veteran team you can keep it simple but with younger players you pretty much have to have plays for every eventuality. That's not saying that JR won't get a chance, though.

From what Doc said in the D&C interview, Quisy will be playing back up small forward but will also be the primary ball handler... A point forward. That will allow for a lot of variety in his lineups.

Lex said...

Ok. Squisy, Sheed, Baby, Eh, and one starter? Or who's the fifth player, if Squisy is the 3?