10.12.2012

Does Doc Rivers Read my Blog?





Rivers has built a strong bond with point guard Rajon Rondo and last season called him the most intelligent player he ever has coached. But with Rondo assuming the leadership role on this year's club, Rivers wants him to accept more responsibility. "Basketball-wise we want him to make his jump shots a little bit more, we want him to make his free throws," Rivers said. "But leadership is the wrong word, it's more being the team general on the floor. That's where I want him to really improve. I'm really pushing him this year to think like me on the floor. The better he does that, I can sit on the sideline and maybe have a cup of coffee or something during the game. 


 In addition to Sullinger or Brandon Bass starting at the 4, Rivers said he could use Darko Milicic at center and slide Kevin Garnett back to his familiar turf. "We can slide Kevin over to the four to start games. The first half of the year I don’t know if that’s a bad thing, so Kevin doesn't have a wrestling match the entire season with the bigs," Rivers said. 


Rivers said that picking an end-of-the-game lineup isn't nearly as daunting as it seems considering Boston's current Big Three (Rajon Rondo, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett) will be on the floor. Rivers also hinted that Jeff Green would often be part of the grouping to handle the final six minutes. 


It’s been busy at Waltham the last couple of days. So let me get this straight.

Darko might spot-start, Jeff Green might be on the floor to close games, Doc is impressing upon Rondo the things he will need to do if he wants to be in the MVP hunt, and, as we all know, he surely does.

I'm certain this is all news.

But it just seems to me like we’ve heard it all somewhere else before.

Hmmm.

I'll figure it out.

:  )

No comments: